Nothing is worse than losing your data: files, documents, pictures, e-mails, and other data that haven taken months, if not years to create. Many of us operate under the assumption that their hard drives will never fail.
We sincerely hope you find us well before a disaster. Our first mission, when you are our client is to ensure you are set up with at the minimum a 3-2-1 backup solution. Three copies of your data, on two different mediums with one off-site backup. StrongCare managed backups is a great option to prevent this sort of data loss.
Hindsight is always 20/20. If your hard drive or other storage device is slightly operational, we can often recover all or most of your data.
We have been recovering data for years now with a special focus on the Mac operating system. Our skill, tools and techniques mean that our prices are hundreds and sometimes thousands less than specialized data recovery facilities.
Why? A few reasons:
- We believe in charging a reasonable rate for our expertise, and based on the value we provide.
- Often the equipment is in fine working order and it’s actually our tools and techniques that will unlock hidden files.
- We want you to have a little left over to join us as a long term client!
- We don’t have the overhead of a “laboratory clean room” that the expensive services do. (This is a very expensive facility with surgical-grade air purity and specialized equipment that allows them to rebuild badly damaged hard drives.)
- Why pay “clean room” rates for basic recovery?
- If your drive requires a clean room for recovery, we are partners with DriveSavers.
How long does it take to recover my data?
Data recovery can take up to a week, sometimes longer. The time to recover your data is a function of how operational your failing hard drive or storage device. Once we have begun the evaluation of your drive, you can expect an estimate of time to recover your data.
What if you are unable to recover my data?
We have a minimum evaluation fee which we credit towards your data recovery. If we are unable to recover your data, we will be happy to send your drive to DriveSavers for a second opinion and estimate. DriveSavers has the clean room facilities to rebuild your failed hard drive and potentially retrieve your data.